Terms and Conditions
• No entry fee
• “Somewhere I Belong” exhibition will take place at Carmel by The Green, located near Bethnal
Green tube station, from May 4th until July 4th, with a Private View event on May 4th.
• Entrants are not guaranteed inclusion in the exhibition by submitting an entry. Depending on
the number and the quality of the entries received, the work of an entrant may or may not be
curated into the final display.
• Selected artists will be notified by April 21st and artwork must be delivered to Carmel by The
Green by April 28th. Artists may either ship their work directly to the gallery or arrange to have it
printed in London, and are responsible for costs incurred with either method. Works that arrive
at Carmel by the Green after April 28th cannot be guaranteed to be exhibited in the show.
• Selected artists are encouraged to have their works framed. London Photography Diary can
supply resources for obtaining inexpensive, ready-made frames in London. Large, unframed
works will be pinned to the walls.
• If selected artists desire to have their work printed in London, LPD can provide a list of trusted
printers. However, London Photography Diary will not be responsible for ensuring the quality of
the prints. Any works printed through such an arrangement will be subject to the terms and
conditions set forth by the independent printer, and we encourage artists who choose this route
to begin working with a printer as soon as possible.
• All photographers must be 18 years or older worldwide and enter by submitting their own,
original work. London Photography Diary (LPD) welcomes submissions from, and exhibits work
of emerging as well as established photographers.
• By entering, entrants automatically accept the conditions of the call; they grant London
Photography Diary and Carmel by The Green non-exclusive right to use and reproduce
submitted photographs (with the name of the photographer and the title of the work indicated)
for promotional (e.g.: website and social media page of the Gallery, catalogue) and exhibition
purposes. No royalties or compensation will be paid for these purposes. All copyrights and
ownership of the works are retained by the photographer. Entrants assume and accept all legal
and financial responsibility for any infringement on the privacy rights or copyright of others,
caused by creating or presenting their work in public. London Photography Diary retains the
right to exclude from the exhibition entries that violate the conditions of the call and ones that
violate any human or privacy rights.
• All works will be available for sale during the exhibition, and a 20% commission will be taken
on any sales, which will go to the editors and curators who have organized the show. Selected
artists will set the price of their own works.
• After the exhibition’s closure, the artists will be contacted by London Photography Diary to
arrange for the collection or return of unsold works.
• London Photography Diary archives all photography exhibitions electronically, allowing us to
promote our exhibiting photographers to curators, collectors as well as the viewing public.
• PREPARE YOUR IMAGES
• All layers must be flattened.
• Images must follow the following format: 8 bit JPEG; Adobe RGB or sRGB; longest dimension
maximum 1280 pixels (preferred width for landscape orientation: 1000 pixels; preferred height
for portrait orientation: 775 pixels); 72 dpi; maximum 2 MB. Please include a maximum of three